How to Get the Most Out of Your Inbound Marketing Campaign
Inbound Marketing campaigns are the least intrusive form of modern day marketing: as well as the most effective. With ongoing care and attention, your campaign can lead to a huge influx of quality customers to your business.
Outbound marketing interrupts target buyers via telemarketing, trade shows, print ads, direct mail and cold calling. Most of the audience that these marketing devices reach won’t be interested in the company or the product, meaning the advert simply becomes an annoyance.
Inbound marketing attracts the buyer to come to them through SEO/SEM, social media, infographics, blogs and videos. Through relevant and helpful content, the customers buying journey is enhanced. This attracts qualified prospects and builds trust and credibility for your business.
Following some simple steps can ensure your business gets the most out of Inbound Marketing:
- Create a Powerful Website: Make sure your website is easy to navigate, has a professional appearance, is search engine friendly, mobile ready and easy to update: after all, this is the hub of all your online marketing and lead generation.
- Generate More Traffic: Increase the traffic to your website through quality blog articles that target your audience; building a social media following by sharing blog posts and engaging with customers; and optimising your website using keywords.
- Convert Traffic to Leads: Create attractive offers to appeal to all potential buyers. Build landing pages that describe the offer with a form to collect lead information. When the form is complete, users will gain access to the offer, and be entered as a lead in your content management system. Place calls-to-action (CTAs) throughout your site to encourage more lead generation.
- Convert Leads into Sales: Firstly, you must know which pages your leads view and when they return to your site. Categorise these leads into lists based on a form they filled out or the information you collected allowing you to send targeted messages at a later date. Develop further campaigns to educate top leads down into sales.
- Measure Everything: Measure month over month growth in organic website traffic, leads and opportunities; track social engagement as well as reach; lead generation by content, channel, and initiative; the percent of leads with an inbound original source; and forecasted conversion through the funnel.
To make sure your inbound marketing runs smoothly, always remember to use trusted SEO services to optimise your website.