7 statistics to help you get your copy read
Last week we blogged about how content was still king in the world of online marketing. But have you thought about ways to ensure users engage with your copy? And how you should tailor your content depending on the platform for which you are writing?
The following 7 statistics will show you how to increase engagement and get people reading your content.
- To successfully compete with your competition, it’s vital you post fresh content frequently. According to the Content Marketing Institute, 42% of companies either publish new content daily or at least a few times a week. With 41% of companies claiming to generate returns via content marketing, it’s a medium worth investing in.
- Once you’ve written your content, the best place to share it for optimum engagement is Twitter, according to CMI. 75% of marketers see it as effective.
Social media content
- According to Hubspot, when tweeting your content, place the link part way through your tweet for a higher click through rate.
- When tweeting, include numbers, hashtags and quotation marks. Why? Well according to Social Marketing Writing: hashtags mean your tweet is 55% more likely to be retweeted; quotation marks make it 30&; and numbers make it 17%.
- As we’ve moved from print to digital, the importance of a strong headline remains. A strong headline can be the difference between 1 retweet and viral content. Wired say that by changing a headline, Upworthy find their traffic can differ by as much as 500%.
- But what makes a strong headline? Well, Moz states that if you include numbers, the headline becomes 36% more popular. Including words such as “How to” and “you” were also popular.
Know your audience
- Did you know that the average reading age in the UK is 9 years old? Neither did we until see-a-voice.org told us. Tailor your copy to your audience. If you’re writing to the general public, then it’s wise to write in plain English which is easy to understand. Short sentences and clear paragraphs also help.
Taking these points into consideration, it might be worth rethinking your content marketing strategy. Contact SEO Enterprise to find out more about how we can help you with your lead generation, content and SEO in Manchester.